When choosing a dog breeder, always be sure to do ample research of the breeder in question.
ASK A LOT OF QUESTIONS.
Things to consider:
- Number of years in business?
- Any complaints with the Better Business Bureau (BBB)?
- Number of past customers and references?
- What temperament testing do they do?
- Puppy’s parents on site – can you meet them?
- Have the puppy’s parents had their hips and elbows x-rayed with no deficiencies per the Orthopedic Foundation For Animals or another reputable genetic affiliation?
- Are dew-claws removed?
- Potential past genetic health problems with parents?
- How often are the puppies handled prior to leaving?
- Are there warranties and guarantees if dog develops any health/hip problems?
- Will the breeder take a dog back if placement doesn’t work out?
Since 2005, Mark Siebel has trained over 6000 satisfied K’9’s and customers alike. The goal has always been to show owners how to properly integrate their dog into the home setting. Consulting on what breed of dog to buy, where to buy/rescue from, preparing your home for your new puppy and health/nutrition are just a few ways DOGGIE STEPS helps its customers.